background

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Limes

Not sure where I've been for the last few months, but it clearly wasn't here!  I need to regain my focus and get myself back together.  I've been trying (albeit unsuccessfully) to work on submissions for publication.  I think I'm going to do one more round for the holidays, then take a break for a while.  I've really enjoyed the work part and stretching myself, but the heartbreak of rejection has taken a bit of the fun out of it.

Here's a fun card.

After seeing some "letterpressed" backgrounds lately, I thought I would give it a try.  This was my first attempt at using a Cuttlebug embossing folder and dye ink together.  It came out a bit messy, but I liked the effect and decided to use it anyway.  I'm definitely going to do more experimenting with this technique!


The sentiment made me smile, hopefully the recipient will like it too!

Cardstock - White, Chartreuse - Papertrey Ink
Ink - Chartreuse - PTI, Rich Cocoa - Tsukineko
Stamps - Margarita and sentiment - Unity Stamp Co
Embossing Folder - Provo
Colored Pencil - Faber Castell

No comments:

Post a Comment