background

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Thinking summer (a little anyway)

I've been experimenting with some different materials for my cards lately.  My favorite so far is shrink plastic (Yes, like Shrinky Dinks of our youth!).

I bought a package of it a couple of years ago at a local craft store's going out of business sale, but never got around to trying it out.  There are still some kinks to work out, but we're getting there!

For this card, I die cut and stamped the PolyShrink plastic and used it along with some of the same images die cut and stamped on white card stock.

I tried a few different inks with varied results (I think I'll do a post on that soon.)  The best (but still not perfect) was Fresh Ink from Impress Rubber Stamps.  The impressions definitely work out better if the ink pad is a little drier.


Supplies:
Cardstock - Ripe Avocado (PTI), White & Kraft (Recollections)
Shrink Plastic - PolyShrink (Lucky Squirrel)
Stamps & Dies - Simple Sunflower (PTI)
Ink - Mango, Honey, Fig (Fresh Ink), Colorbox Espresso (Clearsnap)
Punch - EK Success


After looking at the photo, I think it needs a little something more.  I'll have to work on that later!

1 comment: