background

Monday, November 14, 2011

Poppies, poppies and more poppies!

A friend is having a sweet baby girl in January.  For a while, the little lady was called Poppy.  We ran with that and came up with a cute poppy theme for the baby shower.

I made the invitations and giant pink paper poppies for the decor!  I went a little crazy with this, but loved the chance to head to some of my favorite paper crafting stores (PaperSource and Angela's Happy Stamper in Reston, VA).

For the invitations, I used a poppy stamp from Impress Rubber Stamps.
Supplies: Cardstock - Blossom (Paper-Source)
Stamp - Poppy (Impress),  Dots (Hero Arts), Sentiment (Stampin' Up)
Ink - Worn Lipstick (Ranger), Provincial Grey (Fresh Ink), Frost (Versamark Dazzle)
Twine - Divine Twine

For the poppies, I found this tutorial online.  It was really simple and had so much impact!  While the tutorial calls for art paper, I used wrapping paper from Paper Source (and a LOT of hot glue!).
Supplies:
Wrapping Paper - Blossom, Blossom Dot and Strawberry (PaperSource)

I put some of the poppies on stems to put in vases.


And some on a ribbon to make a garland.

Poppy garland

red velvet cupcakes and a vase of poppies


poppy seed favors and more poppies

Everything came together so beautifully.  The mom-to-be loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment